Conditions of Use
The term ‘Walton Pharmacy’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 10 walton st tadworth surrey kt20 7rt.Our company registration Vibikas ltd The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
• The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
• Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
• This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
• All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website. • Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
• From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
• Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Walton Pharmacy and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Walton Pharmacy. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Walton Pharmacy takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
1. These terms may be varied at any time.
2. The contents of this web site are directed solely at those who access the site from the UK. Your use of this web site and any purchase by you on this web site of any products is governed by English Law and will be deemed to have taken place in England and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Risk and title in the products will pass to you when they are despatched by us to you, from the UK, and you acknowledge and agree to be responsible for complying with any restrictions around the receipt and use by you of the products.
3. To register with and use this site you must be over 18 and the details which you give us must be true. You will be responsible for your use of this site and for your orders so please ensure that you keep your log-in details secure so that no-one else can misuse them.
4. Walton Pharmacy has taken care in the preparation of the content of this web site. To the fullest extent permitted by the law Walton Pharmacy disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to the content of this web site.
5. Walton Pharmacy and its directors or related companies shall not be liable for any losses or claims arising directly or indirectly from use of this web site except that this exclusion of liability does not apply to any damages in connection with death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Walton Pharmacy , its directors or employees.
6. All content of this web site is for information purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice, rather it is designed to support, not replace, the relationship between you and your healthcare providers. You should make sure that you carefully read all product packaging and labels prior to use. If you have, or suspect you may have a health problem you should consult your doctor. Please consult your doctor before taking any new product, particularly if you are already under medical care.
7. Any links on this web site to other web sites are provided for your interest only and Walton Pharmacy has no control over these sites and so no responsibility or liability for their content and the links do not imply any endorsement of content.
8. If any of these terms are held to be invalid or unenforceable then the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
9. Once an order has been placed, the transaction is processed manually at the premises of Walton Pharmacy Ltd by our registered pharmacists who are members of the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.
10. This website should be regarded as an invitation to treat. Any order placed by a customer is an offer to purchase, which Walton Pharmacy Ltd may accept or decline in its absolute discretion without having to give a reason. A confirmation email is notification that we have received your offer on our website. A contract is deemed to be made at the point of a sale invoice being issued by Walton Pharmacy Ltd following checking of orders by a pharmacist.
11. With respect to the supply of medicines to the USA, you understand that this supply is subject to the control of the US Customs and the FDA as they cross the US border which may result in delay or non-delivery of your order. Walton Pharmacy Ltd cannot guarantee an exact delivery time of your order and in instances where your order is seized by US customs, Walton Pharmacy Ltd will not be able to offer a refund for orders not delivered under these circumstances. You agree and understand that it is your responsibility to prepare for any delays that may occur in obtaining your order from Walton Pharmacy Ltd, and further that in the event of US customs seizing your order, the cost of the order will be borne by you in full.
Payment will usually be taken by Walton Pharmacy at the time that goods are dispatched (except for payments using Paypal and Google Checkout which are debited to the customer account at the time of placing the order). Where a customer payment is subsequently rejected or returned for any reason, the customer will be responsible for providing prompt alternative means of payment. In the event of default, reasonable collection charges and/or solicitors fees will be added to the customers account.
12. EU residents pay the VAT inclusive price. Non-EU/exempt residents pay the exclusive price.
13. These terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
14. All offers on this site are subject to availability and whilst stocks last.
15. No more than one discount offer code and/or voucher code may be used for a single order In addition the following Terms and Conditions apply to users of the NHS Prescription Service
16. All NHS Prescription Services provided by Walton Pharmacy are provided on a "best endeavours" basis. Requests made electronically from this website will be forwarded to your doctor as soon as possible. Due to the range of third party networks and innovative technology used for this transmission we are unable to guarantee a time of arrival of the request at your Doctors surgery or absolutely guarantee that it will arrive at all. You are responsible for determining and checking if this request has been received.
17. We are legally only able to dispense medicines for you when we have received either an electronic prescription which has been digitally signed by a prescribing doctor or alternatively a conventional paper prescription signed in writing by a prescribing doctor. Prescriptions are issued entirely at the discretion of the prescriber. Walton Pharmacy Ltd cannot guarantee that a request for a prescription made through the NHS Prescription Service will result in a prescription being issued by the prescriber.
18. We are not responsible for failure of third party companies inability to deliver medicines to the correct address or within any particular time or date. You are responsible for signing for packages containing medicines but any signature provided by third parties at the delivery address given by yourself will be deemed to be receipt of the medicines and fulfillment of Walton Pharmacy Ltds obligations in dispensing that prescription.
19. You are responsible for providing written evidence of current and valid exemption from payment or alternatively providing valid credit or debit card details which may be charged if you are not exempt from payment. We reserve the right to not deliver medicines to you if your exemption or payment details have expired or are invalid in any way. In such cases we will attempt to contact you in such instances to enable you to provide updated information to allow us to dispense the prescription.
20. If your prescription medicines appear to be damaged or if the delivery appears to be wrong then please contact 0844 288 0300. We will make every effort to replace any damaged products.
21. NHS opt out- please refer to NHS app or NHS.uk for more details
22. Data protection impact assessment(DPIA) ☐ We consider carrying out a DPIA in any major project involving the use of personal data. ☐ We consider whether to do a DPIA if we plan to carry out any other: ☐ evaluation or scoring; ☐ automated decision-making with significant effects; ☐ systematic monitoring; ☐ processing of sensitive data or data of a highly personal nature; ☐ processing on a large scale; ☐ processing of data concerning vulnerable data subjects; ☐ innovative technological or organisational solutions; ☐ processing that involves preventing data subjects from exercising a right or using a service or contract. ☐ We always carry out a DPIA if we plan to: ☐ use systematic and extensive profiling or automated decision-making to make significant decisions about people; ☐ process special-category data or criminal-offence data on a large scale; ☐ systematically monitor a publicly accessible place on a large scale; ☐ use innovative technology in combination with any of the criteria in the European guidelines; ☐ use profiling, automated decision-making or special category data to help make decisions on someone’s access to a service, opportunity or benefit; ☐ carry out profiling on a large scale; ☐ process biometric or genetic data in combination with any of the criteria in the European guidelines; ☐ combine, compare or match data from multiple sources; ☐ process personal data without providing a privacy notice directly to the individual in combination with any of the criteria in the European guidelines; ☐ process personal data in a way that involves tracking individuals’ online or offline location or behaviour, in combination with any of the criteria in the European guidelines; ☐ process children’s personal data for profiling or automated decision-making or for marketing purposes, or offer online services directly to them; ☐ process personal data that could result in a risk of physical harm in the event of a security breach. ☐ We carry out a new DPIA if there is a change to the nature, scope, context or purposes of our processing. ☐ If we decide not to carry out a DPIA, we document our reasons. DPIA process checklist ☐ We describe the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing. ☐ We ask our data processors to help us understand and document their processing activities and identify any associated risks. ☐ We consider how best to consult individuals (or their representatives) and other relevant stakeholders. ☐ We ask for the advice of our data protection officer. ☐ We check that the processing is necessary for and proportionate to our purposes, and describe how we will ensure compliance with data protection principles. ☐ We do an objective assessment of the likelihood and severity of any risks to individuals’ rights and interests. ☐ We identify measures we can put in place to eliminate or reduce high risks. ☐ We record our decision-making in the outcome of the DPIA, including any difference of opinion with our DPO or individuals consulted. ☐ We implement the measures we identified, and integrate them into our project plan. ☐ We consult the ICO before processing, if we cannot mitigate high risks. ☐ We keep our DPIAs under review and revisit them when necessary. Copyright notice -
This website and its content is copyright of Walton Pharmacy - © Walton Pharmacy All rights reserved. Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
• you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
• you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.